The Havelock MRT Station is the station located underground in TEL(Thomson-East Coast Line) at stage 3. The station is built under zion road that is near Havelock road junction and the Ho Swee Janan Bukit which leads to railways connectivity into several hotels, residential developments, and businesses in that area. Havelock MRT Station is in its vicinity of Holiday Inn, Shopping Center, Giok Hong-Tian Temple, Tan Boon Liat Building, and the HDB Havelock heights residential estates. The MRT station has a target of being completed by 2021.
Havelock MRT Station Near to Singapore River
The Havelock station consists of two platforms in its island platform arrangement. There is a full-height screen doors platform which isolates station that is air-conditioned from its tunnel environment, which enhances the state comfort and commuter safety. Some stairs, escalators, and lifts can connect towards the concourse. The plasma passenger information system can display screens which are located towards the platform shows the arrival times of expected trains and key messages. It has a tactile flooring for holding visually handicapped towards the station exit from its platform. Riviere by Frasers Property is also near to Havelock MRT Station at Singapore River.
It has concourse which features fare gates for fare collection hence providing access between the unpaid and paid station areas, that have a minimum of one wide-swinging bidirectional gate which benefits the passengers who use wheelchairs with the ones that carry bulky goods or they travel with some prams.
Havelock MRT Station General Ticketing Machine
There is a general ticketing machine which enables commuters when purchasing tickets for multiple or single journeys, with the top-up machines which offer contactless card transactions. The MRT station has an office that works as the passenger service center which is staffed in operating hours and commuters can make some traveling inquiries as they perform cash transactions with the cash payment system. The unpaid area has the public toilet towards the station concourse.
Havelock MRT Station Train Stops
• The Havelock MRT Station has five exits which lead towards the ground level. The station will give more details towards its opening.
• The MRT station has got public toilets.
• The train stop bus buttons are on the station platform when they are activated which prevent the approaching trains not to enter the station, and if a train has stopped on the platform, then they won’t move off.
• The station platforms have an emergency telephone with an intercom system in the lifts which enables the commuters to talk with the staff who are at passenger services center.
• There are various fire extinguishers.
• There are emergency stop buttons in every escalator.
• The handle of emergency doors enables platform doors to be opened if there is a failure in the train side manually.
Gammon Construction Limited of Singapore received an award Thompson line tunnels with S$210.3 million contract sum in 2014 February. Contractors of Hong Kong are involved too in constructing the Mayflower Station of Thompson-East Coast-Line.